Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday Finish


I finished this little baby quilt a few weeks ago. It was a pretty complicated pattern and I was really glad that I had decided to only do a small quilt. Don't think I will do this pattern again. I am still debating adding a border. Right now it measure 41 x 49 inches. I don't know if adding a border will benefit the pattern or take away from it.

When cutting for this quilt I cut lots of different 2 1/2 inch strips for variety. I only used 4 or 5 2 1/2 inch squares from each strip, so I had a lot left over. I had wanted to do the x's and 4-patch from Missouri Star so I thought this was a good start. I did add a few more strips with the yellow solid background, and this is what I got.





This one measures 49 x 65 inches. At first I thought I would add another border but now I think I will leave it like it is.

I am working tonight but off tomorrow and plan to go to the New Beginnings quilt show in Hartselle.  Happy November to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment