Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sidetracked






We had a great day stitching last Saturday at the Courthouse, the only problem was I let Ada talk me into bringing the tub of 6 inch squares home with me. Now remember we have already made at least 3 quilts from this tub maybe 4 or even 5, but the tub will still barely close. We made the other quilts using the disappearing nine patch so I thought I wanted to do something different this time. I got to looking through some books and saw this block in a Nickle Quilts book. It called for one 5 1/2 inch color square and four 3 inch white squares. Since a lot of those 6 inch squares weren't exactly square this would work. Plus a lot of those squares are pretty ugly so this cuts them down to a smaller size. I tried to choose some that read as solids and with a nice contrast to the white. We will have to find some pattern that cuts them even smaller for those real ugly ones.

Here is six blocks put together without sashing.

I

I am using the no waste flying geese method so there is a lot of trimming.




These are waiting on the second white square to finish the goose.


1 comment:

  1. They look good. I had forgot how to make the flying geese that way. So glad you got the box.

    ReplyDelete