Friday, March 13, 2015

Scrap Obsession


I am not sure if it is obsession or more just possession. Quilting over 15 years has resulted in lots of scraps. Since I love to do a lot of Bonnie Hunter's patterns and other scrap patterns, I have tried to organize some of my left over fabric in strip drawers (out grew boxes a long time ago).





This is a plastic drawer system from Wal-Mart. I have 1 1/2 inch strips in the top drawer, 2 inch strips in the middle drawer and 2 1/2 inch strips in the bottom drawer.




I have finished two tops and have 120 blocks made for another top from this bottom drawer this year and am working on a forth and as you can see it is still full. They were packed very tight. The latest scrap top from this drawer is one I think I saw on pinterest .


Ir is a 16 patch framed with 1 1/2 inch white strips. Then sashed and bordered with 2 1/2 inch squares. I have a little bit of everything in here but I think it works. I know I have done at least one from the 2 inch drawer this year and maybe another.





Now this is not to say I have nothing else to work on, most of you know better. I have several pre-cut kits just waiting, but the mood has not struck to start one of these. I have more tops pieced than I can ever get quilted. Will give some to charity and the rest will just be on hold for that maybe someday I can get a long arm quilt machine. Until then I will just keep doing what makes me happy --- piecing.

Happy sewing everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment