Saturday, August 22, 2015

A Productive Off Day

Work gets in the way of doing the things I love as well as the things I just need to do. Thursday I got off work at 3  p.m. and don't have to go back until 3 p.m. on Saturday. That gives me 48 hours off which sounds a lot better that saying one day (Friday) off, doesn't it? I usually work Wednesday night and back in at 8 am on Thursday so by the time I get off on Thursday I am not worth much energy wise. This week I came in on Thursday afternoon and propped my feet up and finished reading  a book by Karen Robards. Johnny was in charge of supper so that gave me even more rest time. By the time the dishes were done I was ready to tackle some flying geese.

I made a good dent in them Thursday night and was able to finish all 144 red and white one on Friday morning. I have some of the blue done and hope to get more of them done Saturday morning.

I have all 72 of the modified log cabin blocks complete and had enough red and blue stars to lay out one quarter of the quilt on the design wall. I am going to sew them together in twos and fours rather than in rows.

One of the things I needed to do but not something I really want to think about was cemetery plots. Mother and Daddy had 4 plots in Hartselle Memorial Gardens but had decided to be buried in Tanner so Daddy was signing the others over to me.  I made at quick trip to Tanner to get his signature thinking I would catch him around the house at lunch time and I did.

I also had a baby quilt ready to put on the machine so I got that done as well.


I thought I had a picture of the whole quilt not just some of the quilting I had tried but I need new batteries in the camera so I guess I will have to shoot that one again. I have the binding sewn on ready for the hand work. I figured this binding a little too close only had about 2 inches left when connected.

I need to get off here and see if I can salvage some time this morning, I slept too late and now I am not going to get as much done before work and I had hoped.

Happy quilting,

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment