Monday, August 10, 2015

Design Wall Monday 8/10/2015

I have been trying to clean up some in the sewing room and Thursday night I uncover the June issue of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. When I got the magazine there were several quilts in it that I would like to do but I said I had to finish some things first.  Well that got overruled and at 9:30 pm I started cutting out Stars and Scraps Forever. It is a pattern by Jo and Kelly and Jo's Country Junction . I was off Friday and except for time out for a hair appointment I continued working on it.

I have 30 of the 72 simulated log cabin blocks done.

I have 5 of the 36 red star blocks done.

I have 6 of the blue background stars done . Still have lots of flying geese blocks left to make for both of these blocks.

Here is the layout in the magazine, so how could I resist? It will be a large queen, I have learned when going through my tops that need quilting that I don't have a lot of actual bed size quilts but instead have a lot of large couch quilts. Some I am going to add borders to in order to make them fit bed lengths but some I won't be able to enlarge.

This it the quilt I mentioned in last weeks DWM , the one I did a pantograph pattern on, I guess it doesn't look to bad for the first one.

Happy quilting .

Teresa 




2 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing about that issue. Love how your Stars and Scraps is coming along. You sew, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a very fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete