Monday, January 4, 2016

DWM Jan 4, 2016

I have added 5 more blocks since my last post. I am working a few blocks in between other projects. I had a lady who wanted me to bind a quilt for her. It was a huge 92 x 108 so that took a little while, but  before I could sew on the  binding I had to add a strip to the back that had come up short in the quilting process. The person who had quilted it didn't quilt all the way to the edge so it was pretty easy to add the strip, didn't have to take out any quilting. This was just a good lesson for me to always triple measure the quilt top and back.

At first I wasn't sure I was going to like the mystery with my color changes, but now with a few more blocks made I think it will be fine. It is just going to have a totally different look. I really like her color selection too and maybe one day I will do it again using those colors.




I quilted this one on New Years day using swirls. I had been drawing and drawing swirls but still wasn't happy with them. When I got this little one loaded I thought just go for it and try the swirls. I have to say I can quilt them better than draw them. Of course they are not perfect and I learned a lot about starting and stopping them, but I am happy with the outcome.




I also quilted this little trip around the world. Still practicing the daisy pattern. I added the binding to this one yesterday as well. Now I have a couple of items for those times I just want to sit and prop my feet up but still get something accomplished.


I have been wanting an embroidery machine for over a year but after I got the long arm just didn't think it would happen. Then about a month ago the sister of my best friend in high school came in the store and she tells me she bought this machine without realizing that it was not a sewing machine too. It was the exact model I had been looking at. So yesterday I just took it off her hands. It was brand new still in the box. I have unpacked it but that is as far as I have gotten. I can see I will have to do a lot of reading and learning. This is almost like a whole new language. Hope I can handle it.

Meanwhile happy stitching,

Teresa







No comments:

Post a Comment