Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year 2016

My Mother always said whatever you do on New Years day you will do all year long, so make sure you don't do any washing and ironing. I think I had to work last New Years day and it seemed like all I did in 2015 was work. So I hope to drastically change things this year. I do not have to work today so I plan to do a lot of the things that I really like to do today like quilting so that maybe I can do more of that this coming year.

Last night Bonnie Hunter had her reveal for the 2015 mystery "Allietare" .  I didn't do her mystery last year because work was so busy and I really missed stitching along with her. This time I decided I would make the time to do it. When she first started showing her color options I immediately thought autumn so I made a few color changes in keeping with that theme. I substituted a brown for her grey and dark greens for her black. I am not sure I made the right choice with the brown. I like the dark green but the brown may be too dark.

I really like this block.

And I like this one as well, just not sure if it will have the same effect as Bonnie's quilt, which I think is the prettiest one she has ever done. I may redo steps 1 and 2 and change to the gray. Just don't know yet. I could use the 20 dark blocks in another quilt. I think I will just keep stitching and see how it goes. I had not got the parts done for the setting triangles that use the brown so I wouldn't have to redo that step.


I hope everyone has a happy new year and gets a lot of stitching done. Happy quilting.

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment