Friday, August 5, 2016

30's project bag








My last two post have shown two different baby quilts I made from 30's reproduction fabric. I really don't have a big stash of 30's (not near as much as my friend Donna) just an average size tub. Whereas with civil war reproduction fabric I have two tubs the same size as the 30's one plus four smaller tubs. I have every intention of cleaning out some of my project bags while I am recuperating from foot surgery and I found this bag  Wednesday night. I had 8 blocks finished and the components pieced for 21 more for a total of 30 blocks. I have all the blocks put together now I just need to lay them out so I can spread the fabrics around. I think these were made from a jelly roll. I thought about making 3 baby quilts from them but have decided against that. Hopefully will get these put together tomorrow. This would be a good one to put on the machine to quilt first. It has been so long since I have been out to the quilting shed so I will have to relearn it I'm sure. I have another quilt for a customer that it waiting on quilting but need to practice on one of mine first.

I have the blocks from another project bag put together just waiting on the border. It's not 30's but is an older line of fabric from April Cornell (yellows and blues) check back later for photos.

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel great to progress the blocks in a project bag?

    ReplyDelete