Tuesday, January 10, 2017

misc. sewing

Yesterday was a day that I did a little of this and a little of that. Just wasn't able to stick to one thing. I did make yesterday's zigzag in blue. This blue is from yardage I got on a skinny bolt sale after Christmas.  
I did make my binding for the heart quilt and for this gray and yellow one. I had about forgotten I had pieced this throw size quilt. It is made for a layer cake that was called Pastel Pop by Micheal Miller. The pattern was from a tutorial on Missouri Star Quilts called Super Easy Hourglass. It was a fun easy and quick way to make the hourglass blocks but I didn't like having all the biased edges on the outside edges so I probably would not do it again.

So this is another one in the stack ready to go out to the quilt shed. I am still looking for a back for En Province but I don't have anything in my stash. It needs to be a wide back.  The only wide back I had that might have worked really looked better with that North Woods top I put together last week. All I need on it is adding borders and making binding and then off to the quilt shed.

Not sure what will get accomplished today, have some running around to do, but hopefully a little something.

Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment