Monday, February 13, 2017

DWM 2-13-17

I spent most of Friday, trying to clean and organize my sewing room closet. It is a fairly large walk in closet but before Friday there was just no walk in to it. I pulled everything out that was piled in the floor and on top of the drawer units. It is still not exactly like I would like it but at least I can walk in and get to the stuff on the back wall. One of the items I found were these little Oklahoma Back Roads blocks done in brights. They were in a zip lock bag, only two blocks done but lots of pieces already cut. Besides project boxes I use bags for small projects and from the number I am coming across I certainly helped the stock go up for Zip Lock. I have made 14 more blocks and plan to set them together with a narrow black inner border and the frog on lily pad border. This will make a small baby quilt and it will be square which is something I usually avoid but I really liked the secondary pattern I got keeping the even number of blocks. Hope to get the borders on today.

I had a birthday this week and my hubby surprised me with this cake and a vacuum cleaner for my quilt shack. He even carried it out there and put everything together and vacuumed the room for me. It is amazing how much dust and lent you get on the long arm machine. I had said something about a dust buster but this is much better for getting up under the machine. I don't get up and down on the hands and knees like I did when I was younger. Face it, I don't do a lot of things I did 30 and 40 years ago.

Happy stitching,

Teresa


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! Cute blocks you were able to throw together! I like the part about your hubby doing the vacuuming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to find a project that is so far along? It's going to be a happy and cheerful quilt. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday and I think the gift is great. Give me something useful anyday

    ReplyDelete