Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Feb. finish

2017 Project List

1. En Province
2. Jamestown landing in green
3. Black and White disappearing nine patch
4. Split Rail ---------February finish
5. 100 patch
6. Three inch shoe fly
7. North woods - king
8. Black white and red rails ---------   January finish
9. Pink 1 x 4 x 16
10. Rick Rack Nines
11. Oversize Pokemon Dreams
12. Blue all around


The rusty split rails is my February finish on my 12 for 12 list. This is the one I had to get a little creative on the backing. I used five left over blocks to help stretch the fabric in order to have enough length.
I don't usually put a dark fabric on the back but I had enough piecing it this way and that got a large piece of fabric gone from my stash plus kept these blocks out of the orphan box, so it is a win-win.

I still have a baby quilt to make for one of my co-workers at Hobby Lobby. Even though I no longer work there I think the world of Gabe and I want to make a quilt for he and Victoria's first child. A friend has embroidered Winnie the Pooh for me so I am trying to design a quilt around him.
I had a plan but now that I have Winnie I have changed my mind. An idea came to me about 3:30 this morning (yes I hate when that happens) and I will have to see how that goes. Wish me luck.

Happy stitching,

Teresa



No comments:

Post a Comment