Thursday, January 24, 2019

New Year New Challenge




This new year is already in high gear. It's already the 24th day of the first month and this is my first post of the year. One reason was computer issues but I have those corrected now and have still drug around about posting. I'll keep this first one kind of short just to help ease back into things. This picture is my version of Bonnie Hunter's mystery Good Fortune. I really didn't to start another project at this time but there are several of us who have done the mystery for several years and it's always fun to challenge each other. I knew I didn't want a square quilt and really didn't need a large quilt so I made each step knowing I was going to rearrange it somehow and make it twin size so that I could use it as a charity quilt. Instead of setting the blocks 7 by 7 I put them together 5 by 9. That gave me 2 of each block left over. I also had several green 2 inch half square triangles left over, but I have 2 other projects using that size so I just shifted those to that box. I'm not sure why I was short on the outside blocks but I found a way to make it work and yes I turned these blocks opposite of the way she did. It was one of those happy mistakes.


I'll try to get back soon to tell you about other challenges this year.

Happy Stitching,

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Pretty colors! I like the color changes. None of your colors jump out off the quilt as in the original version...and mine.

    ReplyDelete