Thursday, April 25, 2013

Baby quilt


I have had this idea to use Bonnie Hunters "Hopscotch and Butterscotch" pattern for a baby quilt for a long time. I now have the opportunity to make one for a girl at work. I had thought I would use yellow and white four patches and pink bar units with orange sashing but I didn't have enough of any one piece of orange so I used orange and pink in the bar units and still just used yellow for the four patches. So I started auditioning sashing fabric. Believe it or not this is actually a soft purple but it really looks blue here so I was afraid it would be too strong for the blocks.

 
 
I tried this hot pink but it turned red
 




This wasn't the right one either.
 
 
I ended up using a light pink batik. It looks kind of purple here but it isn't. The pattern called for piano key border but I used checker board. I think it turned out nice. It measures 53 x 63 so I think that will make a nice quilt.

I started another baby quilt from a book called Pinwheel Pandemonium and the pattern I am trying is Pinwheels gone wild. Of course I am using brighter colors than they have chosen. Here are two blocks.
 
 
Oh yea, if any of my stitching buddies has a white on white with the alphabet in capital letters on it, I need more for this one if I am going to use the same background on all blocks. Just let me know if you think you have some. THANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment