Monday, July 8, 2013

Cotton Candy

 
I was looking for another baby girl quilt for a set of twin girls. Last Sunday while reading Bonnie Hunter's blog, inspiration hit. Cotton Candy is from her String Fling book.


I now have 20 blocks finished with components for several others ready to sew together.

So yesterday afternoon I started fooling around with the border. Johnny thinks the pieced border takes away from the quilt blocks. In the book the border is scalloped and I would like to do that but I may have to get Ada to do the binding. I don't think I will make them as large as in the book but may since it really isn't a very big quilt. I may change and just put a plain soft pink border, if I can find the right fabric. Have to work all day today so no sewing will get done and probably none tomorrow but maybe Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning.

I hope everyone finds a little time to sew this week. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment