Start to finish this quilt was completed this weekend. I had Saturday and Sunday off and Johnny was going to be away from the house a little while Saturday morning so bring on the sewing. Problem was I really didn't want to work on any of my current projects and yes they are many. So I went looking for inspiration and found it on Missouri Star Quilts. This was a tutorial on framed disappearing nine patch.
I have several charm packs and chose one called Plume by Tula Pink for Moda. I had two charm packs and just enough black to complete this project. Plume came out in the fall of 2007 so needless to say I didn't have any yardage for the border so to my stash I went. I had a green that looked pretty good then I noticed the stack of fabric I brought home from Barbara's the other day and found the perfect turquoise blue. It looks like it was made for this line of fabric. I now only have about one third of a yard of that left. For the back I chose a piece I had gotten from Dianna and used all but a yard of that so even though I started something new when I shouldn't I did finish it plus use up quite a few items.
Johnny looked at it when the blocks were on the wall before I had them all together and the black inner border added, he said it was going to be a weird one. I could tell he didn't like it. But after it was quilted he said he was really surprised at how nice it turned out. He even confessed he was thinking that was the ugliest thing I had ever done but really likes it now. We may even hang it over the bed when I put Easy Street on the bed as the top quilt.
These two are almost finished. I carried them to Barbara to quilt last weekend. These are gifts so I wanted them to be quilted a little nicer than I could do. I was a little rusty on the quilting of this weekend wonder but it turned out alright for me.