Monday, August 24, 2015

8/24/2015 DWM

This is the top left hand quarter of the quilt. I finished making the red flying geese for the red and cream stars but still have a few of the blue to make, plus assemble the stars.

I finished the handwork on the binding of this little baby quilt last night.


This is what I worked on most of the afternoon. I am crocheting me a rug to go in front of my long arm machine. I am cutting up left over fabric and a whole lot of that what was I thinking when I bought this fabric. I prefer sewing them end to end rather that the tie method.  I probably cut up close to five yards of fabric yesterday. The only thing is I can crochet it out almost faster than I can cut and sew it together. I hope to make it between 8 and 10 feet long and about 20 inches wide so I won't be surprised to have at least 50 yards of fabric in the thing and it will weigh a ton I am sure. Just think what kind of stash reduction this will make. Problem is I have enough stash to make 20  and still have fabric left over. I haven't bought fabric in a long time so when I finish this I may treat myself to something new.

Happy quilting,

Teresa 



No comments:

Post a Comment