Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Square Deal

In the previous post I mentioned a quilt called Square Deal that was made with 30's reproduction fabric. I have now finished 35 blocks. 

The original pattern calls for 49 blocks and is a 95.5 inch square quilt. I don't really care for square quilts so I only made 35 and will set them 5 x 7 this will still make a large quilt. I thought I had made a picture of most of the blocks on the design wall, but I guess that was the one I took with my cell phone and posted to facebook. I had to lay them out on my king size bed to get placement of blocks the way I wanted them. I now have the rows pinned together and hope to get them sewn in the next few days. 

I am trying to keep up with Bonnie Hunters mystery this year and all I lack on step 3 is the additional cutting. Hope to get that done this morning before I go to work. After tonight's shift I have early tomorrow and then mid shifts Friday and Saturday so I don't know how much sewing will get done. Hope everyone is ready for Christmas because it is right around the corner. 

Good luck finishing things up this week everyone, happy sewing. 

Teresa 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment