Wednesday, January 10, 2018

A New Year

It is a new year and new challenges. The first challenge I am facing this year is overcoming this crud that is going all around. The really bad part is Johnny and I have both had it so we have had to fend for ourselves as best as we can. I think we are on the uphill side of it now but still a ways to go. We both still tire easily. I have not felt like going out to my quilt shack yet this year and that is a big disappointment. Hopefully I will get out there in the next few days.

Last year I made a 12 for 12 list of projects I wanted to get finished and I did great on it until the last three months of the year. I had not anticipated having so many request for quilting projects from others for Christmas. By the time I got all of those finished I was ready for a quilting break and it was time for Bonnie Hunters mystery. This year it was called On Ringo Lake. I was able to get enough piecing time in to keep up with the weekly clues but by the reveal on New Years Day I had come down with this crud so I have not got it put together.

I have started putting it together. If you are following the mystery can see that I am not using the sashing strips. I tried putting them in but they were too distracting for me so I will use them in a border.

Check back later for my list for 2018.


Happy Stitching,

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. I finished all of my blocks and am deciding if I'm going to use the sashing strips, too. I really like how some have used them in the borders. You colors are so pretty! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really like it without the sashing. If I ever get my pieces done I think that I will follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete