Monday, January 22, 2018

Making Plans

In an attempt to stay focused and finish some previously started projects last year I made a 12 for 12 list. These were 12 previously started projects that had got pushed back in a project box or bag that had not been finished. The idea was to do one project a month , hence the second 12. I did real well the first 9 months but had not anticipated how busy I would get quilting for others that last quarter of the year so I only finished 9 from the list. I also got several other projects that were not on the list done so I had a really good retired again year. I still want to do it again this year but I am going to do it a little different. I am going to have two lists. I am going to have a list of 12 WIP (works in progress) that still have piecing to do on them and I am going to have a list of 12 tops that are ready to be quilted. These are tops that I have the back and binding ready and have already taken them out to the quilt shack. Ideally I would like to finish one from each list but that probably won't work every month. So if I can get one finished on the piecing side or one quilted and bound it will be a good month. I am also going to remember how busy my fourth quarter was last year and try to do more than one a month. Ambitious YES, but doable.

12 for 12 WIP list

1.Rick Rack Nines
2. Jacob's Ladder
3. Jamestown Landing
4. Ringo Lake
5.  Mosaic
6. Split Rail
7. Rainbow Challenge 2017
8.  Master Checkerboard
9. Garden Party
10. Floral Log Cabin
11. Alabama
12. Red and Cream

 12 for 12 Quilted list

1 Scrapy Trip
2. Boxy Stars
3. Civil war stars
4. Sisters Choice
5.Brown and gold runner
6. Blue and Yellow backroads
7. Christmas Ribbons
8. Blue All Around
9. yellow/orange brick road
10. Double nine patch
11. Bowties
12. 30's dancing nine patch

I would like to say if I got all these done I would be caught up, but I didn't get the "queen of the UFO projects" title for nothing. It would however put a huge dent in that title. As you can see I am going to be busy and this is in addition to the quilting I do for others and charity projects. Who is with me in trying to finish some of these older projects?

Happy Stitching,

Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment