Friday, July 27, 2018

SHP

There is a charitable organization called Sleep in Heavenly Peace, that makes bunk beds for children that otherwise are having to sleep on the floor. It is a national organization and a very nice couple have started a chapter in our area. It was brought up at our June 1st meeting and this was a project that just spoke to me. I contacted the local couple and volunteered some quilts to them when they got everything up and running. So far they have delivered 12 beds and have another build day planned for Saturday to build another 10 beds. Between other members of the guild and myself we have donated  13 quilts to them so far and have 7 more ready to go.

Donna gave me two wal-mart sacks full of 2.5 inch strips. I have made this dancing nine patch from those strips and have not put a dent in them. I sashed it in the black and was afraid that might be a little dark so I put a bright green back and then quilted it in green. I know you can't really tell that is this photo, but I like how it turned out.



Quilts number 4,5,6 and 7 in the batiks from previous post have been donated as well. I have several other projects for this organization in the works. I will try to do a better job of sharing in the future.

Happy Stitching,

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. What a nice thing this couple is doing! And you, too! When a charity's purpose matches your own heart's calling, then it is definitely a win-win. I am going to share this with my quilting friends; perhaps it will speak to a few more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonderful, I think there about 63 chapters across the country, it is a fairly new organization

      Delete