Friday, June 22, 2018

7th Heaven


If you are like me, you never cut exactly the right number of strips or blocks when making a quilt. There are always left over scraps or pieces. Number 7 here is made from left overs from the previous batik quilts I have made this year. I finally used up enough of the scraps to call it an end to the batik quilt tops for a while. I had two fairly deep drawers of batiks and I have made 7 quilts from it and still don't think it is reduced enough to combine the drawers. I have even given away several pieces that I had yardage of but didn't think I would use the color. Most of one drawer was half yard pieces and when you are doing a scrap quilt that goes a long way. The bigger yardage I have used for borders and binding. This one uses 2.5 inch squares in a 16 patch with a 4.5 x 8.5 white between the blocks. On the alternate row start with  4  2.5 squares in a row connected to the white, then add blocks and white ending with another strip of 4 squares to alternate the blocks. I have got to get some of these quilted. I am finally caught up with quilting for others so maybe I can quilt some of these in the next few days.


Happy Stitching,

Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment