Follow by Email

Friday, August 10, 2012

The two thirds quilt

Many of you may recognize this pattern as Bonnie Hunters Oklahoma Backroads. It is an easy block and uses up a lot of 2 1/2  inch strip scraps. I had completed a little over 20 of these blocks and had the units complete and pinned together to take to retreat  last April. Needless to say I had carried way too many different projects to the retreat but I did think I could finish a few. So I got those pinned blocks out and just whipped them right out. I think there were 30 blocks so I set them together 5 x 6. The rows went together quickly. I had even carried a few different border options and after getting a consensus from the group, cut the inner and other border and quickly got them on the top. Wow one project finished. The next day I digging in my bag for another project and discover a stack of blocks. These were the Oklahoma Backroads blocks I had completed before the retreat. So I really only used two thirds of the intended number of blocks. Oh well I guess I have a good start on another one.

If I have told this story before please forgive me. I sent this top along with matching border fabric for binding to Jo Kramer at Jo's Country Junction with the hopes that she can find a good home for it.

Working on some Santa projects so no pictures it would spoil the surprise.

Now go sew!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment