Many of you may recognize this pattern as Bonnie Hunters Oklahoma Backroads. It is an easy block and uses up a lot of 2 1/2 inch strip scraps. I had completed a little over 20 of these blocks and had the units complete and pinned together to take to retreat last April. Needless to say I had carried way too many different projects to the retreat but I did think I could finish a few. So I got those pinned blocks out and just whipped them right out. I think there were 30 blocks so I set them together 5 x 6. The rows went together quickly. I had even carried a few different border options and after getting a consensus from the group, cut the inner and other border and quickly got them on the top. Wow one project finished. The next day I digging in my bag for another project and discover a stack of blocks. These were the Oklahoma Backroads blocks I had completed before the retreat. So I really only used two thirds of the intended number of blocks. Oh well I guess I have a good start on another one.
If I have told this story before please forgive me. I sent this top along with matching border fabric for binding to Jo Kramer at Jo's Country Junction with the hopes that she can find a good home for it.
Working on some Santa projects so no pictures it would spoil the surprise.
Now go sew!!!!