I guess I should say it is design bed Monday since my design wall is not large enough to hold all these blocks. I finally got all the blocks and setting triangles done and if you read my last post you know I had to piece the setting blocks twice. I hope to get these put together this week. I work late Tuesday and Wednesday so maybe with a little luck that will happen.
The ripping this weekend was not limited to the mystery quilt. The first row I quilted on this baby quilt had to be ripped out. I thought I had my tension right but NOT, it took about 10 minutes to quilt one row and 2 hours to rip it out. After I got that corrected the rest of the quilting went pretty well except for the thread breaking several times.
And the ripping didn't stop there and neither did the thread breaking. A friend wanted me to quilt this flannel quilt for her with no batting. I had the same trouble with the breakage but had my tension right until the last two rows I did before I stopped for the day on Saturday. I had quilted two rows without the thread breaking and was really happy. Planned to finish it on Sunday and get her second flannel quilt done as well. That was when I discovered those last two rows had to be picked out due to tension trouble. It took most of the afternoon to finish this one so I am going to wait until I get a different spool of thread before I quilt the second one.
Hope things go better this week. Happy quilting everyone.