Follow by Email

Monday, September 9, 2013

Making Progress

For the last week and a half I have been working on another Dancing Nines. I was just going to do the size of Bonnie's original pattern but really liked how it was coming along, so decided to make it bigger. Four framed nine patches make a block and I have enough made to set them 5 x 6. I think I have enough four patches just not framed to make it 6 x 7 but I am hoping I have enough of the wine (not purple) frame fabric to make it 6 x 8. We will see. Here are some other pictures of what I have put together so far. I am trying to find a better photo location.

On the porch looks good.

Over porch railing.

Johnny holding it in back  yard, there was enough light that the flash didn't go off and the frame color is closer to the wine color.

This close up is the best for actual color on the wine, but the others look too bright. Just can't win with this camera.

Last weekend was my cousin Kelly's birthday, so I made her this wreath.



3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt. I love the colors and the different scenery... ;-)
    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was that yours is a happy quilt. Happy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have a good eye for color. Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete