Follow by Email

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

It is finished. YEA! It barely goes up under the edge of the pillows but otherwise fits the king size bed. Maybe I can make some pillow  shams so that it won't be noticeable. I ran out of the wine color (yes it looks very purple here) or I could have made it a little bigger. However I put a big dent in fall fabrics and the 2 inch strip drawer.
I used all of the yellow inner border I had as well. Still thinking about what I will call it, some ideas are---- Dancing though the Vineyard, Autumn Dance, Nine Grapes, Fine Wine--- nothing is just right yet, maybe after it is quilted.

Here is a little something I have also been working on. It is from the book Fresh From the Prairies. I am thinking just a table runner or small throw not a big quilt. It will take a lot of these 5 inch blocks to make anything very big.

Have a busy week ahead but with a bright light at the end of the week, a stitch day with friends. Now just to plan what I will work on for the day. Not sure if I will take my machine or do some handwork of a couple of different projects. We will see as the week goes on how much prep work I get to do.

Have a good week.



1 comment:

  1. !Thats the biggest quilt I've ever seen! Well done! Love the colors. We've a kings size bed and there's no way I'm making a quilt for it...well not one that fits!

    ReplyDelete