Monday, April 25, 2016

DWM 4-25-16

I have gotten a little more done on the split nine patch friendship stars or pinwheels. Six of the twelve blocks are done. I worked a little in between other projects on more half square triangles. I have a box of six inch squares that came home with me from Ada's a couple of years ago. We made several disappearing nine patch quilts from these for charity but the box is still full. I have been using these for my  half square triangles. I can get eight from one light and one dark.

I put the last stitch on the binding last night during the Good Wife, so this is another one I can mark off my list.


I finished the T-shirt quilt and her mom Jamie picked it up Friday. She loved it, said it was beyond her expectations.

Can you see I quilted her name in at the bottom.
I am liking using the same back fabric for the label, and using the same color thread is very subtle.

I have another quilt on the machine and hope to get it quilted this week.

Happy stitching to all.

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. Love those scrappy friendship stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scrappy star design is great! The lines just move your eye from spot to spot. Congrats! On your finishes! Love the t-shirt quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh! the friendship star quilt is awesome! Love it
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete