Monday, December 26, 2016

DWM December 26, 2016

I am about half way finished with step 5 of Bonnie Hunters 2016 mystery En Privence. I still have to square all the steps but most of the sewing in done. This is the first time in a long time that I am able to post on a Monday or really any day, but hope that is about to change. Christmas Eve was my last day of work in the retail world. Hopefully now I will be able to do more of the work I love, quilting. And if you love what you do then it is really not work.


I finished this quilt just in time for a Christmas gift for Daddy. I took a picture of it on his bed but with my cell phone so that is another thing I have got to learn is how to get those pictures to my computer.


I took some of the scraps from Daddy's quilt and made this table runner.

My sister-n-law found this top in a recent move. She said it was made by her grandmother probably in the 60's. She asked if I would quilt if for her. She lives out of state so she brought it to me when they were here Thanksgiving and I got it finished and to her yesterday. It was a large quilt for that time period, 86 x 104. She was very pleased and plans to use it on a guest bed.

Hope to get back to posting on a more regular basis. Happy quilting.

Teresa


1 comment:

  1. Lots of holiday sewing got done at your house. Looking forward to seeing more posts.

    ReplyDelete