Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Recess Day 2






I feel like I am on permanent recess and it is play time all the time.  Today was day two of retail retirement. I finished putting these blocks together. The blocks have been complete for several months and even a few rows put together but they had been set aside for more pressing projects. I had originally planned to add a red inner border and then a black and white outer border but I have changed my mind. It is big enough now so I will use the red for the binding. I just need something for the back. I have three yards of a black and white wide back but hate to waste nearly a third of it since this top is not that large and I have another black and white quilt in the to be completed pile that will be a king and that back will work, so I may have to go shopping. 

I also  quilted a little table topper for a friend, so overall it was a productive day .

I have a lot of  unfinished projects and I need to get a handle on the ones that I really want to finish and those that need to be truly abandoned or re-purposed. I am going to pull out a few boxes tonight and see what is what. I know it won't happen over night but hopefully I will get it together soon.

Until later, happy stitching.

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Teresa on your permanent retirement! Quilt looks great, it will make a good gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this quilt! Beautiful. Congrats on your retirement.

    ReplyDelete