Saturday, February 10, 2018

Spinners

In my last post I mentioned another quilt made with batiks. It was on the cover of the March/April issue of Quiltmaker magazine and it is called Spinners. Well Thursday I worked all day on a quilt as you go throw for a customer. Yes I get talked into finishing things for other people. If I had remembered how much work went into one of those things I might have said no, but then  probably not because she is such a sweet lady. Then Friday I carried Daddy to his treatment and then we went to lunch. We went to lunch at Clark's Restaurant in Athens Ala. It was a little out of the way since his treatment was in Decatur but they have the best food, plus since I would be in Athens I had an excuse to go by the quilt shop there. It is called Three Hens and a Chick, and they have a nice little shop. I can always find something I want and surprise since it was my birthday I got 20% off my purchase. After I dropped Daddy back off at home I still had some errands to run back in Decatur, so the day was spent pretty much on the road. The weather was so nice that we sat on the front porch for a while when I got home.

As a reward for two busy days, I let myself start that new project called Spinners. Yes I realize that was a poor excuse to start something new when I still have so many unfinished projects. But sometimes you just got to go where the mood takes you.

This one is really going to be a challenge. It makes a 12 inch block but the blocks interconnect so you have to have the parts made for the other sides before you can piece a block. If you have ever pieced a court house steps quilt it is kind of like that. I pieced all these just to get the first block made.

See this one in the top left corner. Before I can complete the block to the right or below I have other parts to piece. These are nice big pieces so I will put a real dent in my Batik stash. I bought 7 yards of a white, the pattern called for 9.25 but I am not going to make mine as big. The pattern is 8 blocks by 8 blocks to make it 96 square. I really don't care for square quilts so I am only going to make mine 6 by 7 and will probably add a border.

Check back later to see my progress.

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how this quilt turns out. I think it's going to be AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your piece so beautifully! Great color selection and pattern!

    ReplyDelete