Friday, February 16, 2018

Update and Inspitation

I don't think there is anything more tiring than sitting around at a hospital. Yesterday Johnny had a heart cath test done and he didn't realized he would have to stay 6 hours and lay flat 5 of that. The good news is that he only had some small blockages that were too small to stint, so they will treat with medication. One of the blockages they will be watching because of the location it would require bypass if it worsens.  The bad news is this is not the answer to his shortness of breath. They have put him on a different diuretic to help relieve that fluid build up. We had to be there at 11 for the test to start at 1 , so that meant it was nearly 8 pm before we got to leave. We were both so tired we were in bed by 930 which is unheard of for me. But I guess that early rest energized my creative juices because when I woke up this morning (before 5 ) I knew what I wanted to do with the sew off HST I am getting with this Spinners quilt I am working on.

I have been drawing the second line on my 3.5 inch squares so that I would not be wasting so much fabric. Now I don't do this on anything smaller because the resulting HST is just smaller than I want to fool with. This one measures 2.75 inches. In my sleep I decided to try quarter square triangles from them. I thought it would make it small enough that I would trim to 2 inches but I ended up with a good 2.5 inch quarter square triangle.

I then set them together in a Ohio Star pattern.


Even though I am making my Spinner quilt smaller than the pattern I will still have 672 HST's from it. That will make 168 Ohio Star blocks. I am not sure yet how I will set them together, guess I will wait for further inspiration.


Not sure what I will even try to do today because I am still tired. I have already been to Wal-Mart to fill his prescription so I feel like I have put a days work in already and it is not even 11 am.


Happy Stitching,

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. You guys have been through the ringer!! Love your block, it will make a big quilt.

    ReplyDelete