Monday, July 9, 2012
This is from one of the patterns that I got on our shop hop trip, it is called Garden Paths by Amanda Murphy. It's going together rather quickly. I used part of a jelly roll and added about a dozen other bright fabrics. There is a little less variety than I usually have in scrap quilts so placement is a little tricky. This is also something you have to have all the different components made before you can start to assemble and that is not how I usually work so this has been a little different for me. I guess it is good to work outside the box every now and then. Hopefully I can get this put together this week so I can get started on my July UFO challenge. I think I still have a lot to do on that one. I really wanted to get it off the shelf just to see yesterday but I made myself continue with this one and I'm glad I did because I made a lot of progress. I just need a few more of the smaller connecting blocks and I can put this one together. I'm not sure what I will do for a border yet but I'm sure I can come up with something in my stash or maybe in one of my stitching buddies stash. First I have to go walk this morning so have a good day.