Monday, July 16, 2012

DWM July UFO


This is my July UFO challenge. I just got back to it this week. The pattern is  Those Fabulous Blues by Evelyn Sloppy. The pattern is in the book 40 Fabulous Quick-Cut Quilts. The quilt in the book is done in blues and whites and I remembered as I was working on this Saturday that I do have one started in the blue and white as well. So sad isn't it that I have more started than I can remember. Oh well I will try to put it on next year's UFO list with Judy.


This one is done with a variety of beige centers and HST made from civil war and shirting fabric. I was  inspired to use this fabric selection when Valerie brought her blocks into the shop and asked our opinion. Of course I liked it so much I went home and started one of my own. Just didn't finish it until now. I have all the blocks done and am putting the rows together. It then has a small inner border then a pieced border of HST's and then repeats the inner border fabric in a wider outer border. I had originally pulled a blue fabric for the borders but now I am looking at a greenish brown. I may audition a few different fabrics here later and see what you think. I have the HST's made for the border so it should go pretty fast. I used Thangle to make the half square triangles. I love them because even though this project had been put away for over a year all my HST's were still nice and neat and easy to use. Hopefully I will get the rows put together today but I do have some garden stuff to do this morning so it may not happen. We picked two dishpans full of tomatoes yesterday. It was the first day it was dry enough to get in the garden. But I'm not complaining about the rain we still need several inches of rain to get out of the drought situation. So let it rain

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the smile today! I also have more projects started than I can remember!
    That's a lot of HST's you've made for this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore scrappy quilts and this one is gorgeous! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how all your HST's all look so nice and crisp with the light background. I learn so much from seeing all your projects and hearing about your techniques. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to be closing in on the finish..............

    ReplyDelete