Friday, August 16, 2013

scrap strip overload

Yesterday I got off work at 3:30 and I don't go back until 2:30 Saturday, so I am thinking 47 hours off, what will I do? Yea right, it is more like what all can I get done. Stated time off making supper since hubby is still so sick with this cold that I GAVE him. Remember now I have continued to work.  Well after super dishes were done I came to the sewing room with no intention of starting anything new, ha ha. My drawer of one and half inch strips is packed and they started screaming Do Something please we can't breath in here. I picked up Bonnie Hunter's Leaders and Enders book and it just fell open to Mad City Mama. Guess what, is uses one and half inch strips, so off I went on another project. Who among my quilting buddies is surprised (right Cathy)?


And just to show you it was meant for me to do this, that purple center is part of a 5 1/2 inch border that I just put on one of the last baby quilts. I have enough left for all the centers to be the same. The dilemma came with the sashing. The pattern calls for two yards cut into 3 1/2 inch by 15 inch strips.
I really want to use the gold on the right rather than the one on the left,  the one on the left is just too muddy. I only had 50 inches of the brighter gold,  solution cut a 15 1/2 in strip then sub-cut into 3 inch sections. This way I will have enough for the 16 blocks. It will be just a little smaller but that is okay.

 
I wondered how it would look if I turned the two side stripped snowball blocks horizontal but it just doesn't work as well.

 
Couldn't figure out how to turn this picture up right, but anyway here are two blocks done.

This may be all the sewing I get done today, the house is in serious need of cleaning. Maybe I can squeeze a little more time in for this project or maybe to finish the Dancing Nines.

Happy Friday all.

No comments:

Post a Comment