Monday, July 20, 2015

Long weekend

I took a couple of days vacation plus off days gave me a long weekend. Thursday morning I helped Johnny with a few things that needed two people and then that afternoon I pieced backs and bindings for three more quilts. Friday morning I loaded this quilt on the machine. It is 67 x 86 but I was able to get it done by 3pm.



Then I loaded this one but had a little trouble with tension and then the needle got jammed so after I got all that straightened out I decided I was just too tired and that was the reason I was having so much trouble.

Saturday I went to my stitch group and worked on binding of other previously quilted tops. I got the blue and orange baby quilt finished and another loaded on the machine. Too bad break is over and I have to go back to work.



3 comments:

  1. But what a great long weekend!! Productive too!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done a couple of quilts with the block on the first quilt. What size are your logs? I used 2" strips for mine. I love the look of yours.
    Blue and orange is fast becoming a favourite of mine. I'm thinking I need to collect orange fabrics! I enjoy seeing the variety of colours and block combinations is the blogsphere.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 x 3.5 inches I have also done it using 2.5 x 4.5 and not sashing it

      Delete