Friday, July 3, 2015

They are talking to me.






This is a tub of finished tops. They range in size from table runners to king size quilts. They were buried in the back of the closet on the bottom. It was storming here this morning so I didn't want to go out to the quilt studio ( doesn't that sound better than quilt shack?) and start a new quilt. The problem with getting to this tub of tops was a pile of mess in the floor of the closet that had to be cleared away first. It took me most of the morning to get that cleared out and put away in order to get to that stack of tubs at the back, but I finally got it done and things do look better. Of course in doing so I found a lot of things that I had forgotten about meaning even more things to finish now that I have a way to quilt them. 

These are just a few of the tops from the tub. Thank goodness I put the fabric that I planed for the binding with the top, but only one or two have the backing fabric with it. I had forgotten about some of these items, a lot were samples from when I taught the monthly Thimbleberries class at Quilters Refuge. The thirties top in the second picture is a pattern that every time I see it I think "I want to do that pattern" and I already have but had just forgotten. 



Looking through the pile of quilts they are beginning to talk to me, telling me how to quilt them or saying I need something special here. I look forward to this new part of my quilting journey. 




Hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment