Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Finish

This little pink cutie was on my 12 for 12 list and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to finish and mark off the list. The above picture is how I would display it with the smaller blocks at the top with them getting bigger towards the bottom.

But if I remember the pattern correctly this is how they had it photographed. Which do you think is correct or does it really matter?

2017 Project List

1. En Province-------March finish
2. Jamestown landing in green
3. Black and White disappearing nine patch--------June finish
4. Split Rail ---------February finish
5. 100 patch------July Finish
6. Three inch shoe fly----- August finish
7. North woods - king ----May finish
8. Black white and red rails ---------   January finish
9. Pink 1 x 4 x 16------September finish
10. Rick Rack Nines
11. Oversize Dreams   ----- April finish
12. Blue all around

 Three more months left in the year and I am still on target. Number 12 is out in the quilt shack ready to quilt. It is going to require a little custom quilting and that is something I am not that good at, so that is the reason it keeps getting pushed back, but I am running out of time on it. The blocks are all made on number 10 and it is partially assembled. I think I only have 10 more rows but they are the longest ones since it is set on point and I have worked from both ends. Now I have the middle to go. Last is number 2, Jamestown landing in green, I still need to finish some of the string pieced blocks in neutrals and then the border is string pieced in green. Can't put this off much longer if I want to get it finished before the end of the year. I have a few things to do for others plus the guild has made pillow cases for the Harvey victims and we are now tackling place mats for all the recipients of Meals on Wheels in Morgan County so I will be spending a good bit of time on this over the next 4 months.

What have you finished today?

Linking with----
  
Whoop Whoop
Finish it up Friday
Off the Wall Friday
Finished or Not Friday


Happy Stitching,

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Love that quilt! I am not familiar with the pattern, but I agree that I like the smaller blocks on top with the larger blocks at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pink quilt. looks great both ways. I was tempted to start that one........hmmmmm mine would be scrappy

    ReplyDelete