Saturday, September 30, 2017

Friday Finish





When I awoke this morning it was with almost a sigh of relief because this monstrosity was finished. That is to the flimsy stage, but that is as far as I have to take it. Ivy will quilt it when it is needed for Habitat. It measures 88 by 104 so it is a very nice queen size top. I really liked how it turned out and it was a joy to have most of the cutting done for me so that I could just sew. Having it cut like that is the only way I could have put this thing together in five weeks. Ivy and Cora cut most of the logs and I had a box of 2.5 inch squares that I used for the flying geese and the center parts of the saw tooth stars. Just about all I had to cut were the rectangles for the flying geese and I had a bunch of light 2.5 inch strips so they just had to be subcut. Yes this one used up a lot of our scrap stash but by no means all of it.

Another project that has taken up most of my time these last two weeks is the placemats the guild it doing for Meals on Wheels. This was brought up at the September meeting and after checking with the organization it is a go. I have been working on different samples and methods to present at the October meeting and I had finished the last of that last night, so that too was part of that early morning sigh.

So what was I going to do today? Believe me there are endless possibilities here in the sewing room so check back later to see just what I got into for the day.

Happy stitching,

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment