Sunday, September 10, 2017

The Coming Week

Wow as I logged on today I realized it has been 10 days since my last post. I have not taken time off from quilting in fact I have been very busy. I just didn't slow down long enough to post anything. Some things I don't post, such as when I am working on something for someone else, and others I don't think would be very interesting or is just the same ole same ole. Trying to do better in the future I am not sure what the weather will bring to us this week. You would think we were far enough north here in North Alabama, but apparently not. Our biggest concern here will be possible tornadoes from Irma. I have a lot I need to do so I am making a list to keep me on track, hopefully.

1. Quilt half yard challenge
2. Bind half yard challenge
3. Make label for half yard challenge
4. Quilt both white/off white table runners
5. Bind both runners
6. Work on one of the last three 12 for 12 projects
7. Work on borders and bindings for older tops
8. Keep at it in the sewing room(still have a long way to go )

There won't be any pictures of the half yard challenge yet since it won't be revealed until December guild meeting.

Here are a couple of older tops that I did get backs and binding ready and carried out to the quilt shack.

This sisters choice pattern is made with left over Thimbleberry fabric. I taught the block of the month for four years at Quilter's Refuge and I still have some of the fabric.

This pattern was called Christmas Ribbons. I think it may have been a strip club kit.

Still have lots of older tops that need to move to the finished quilt category.

Linking today with----


Oh, Scrap
Slow Sunday Stitching



Happy Stitching,

Teresa

8 comments:

  1. Love love your quilts. Eager to see your half yard challenge piece! You didn't say that you also made pillowcases to be sent to Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister's Choice is such a great block. It looks perfect in thimbleberries fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like Christmas Ribbons! Lots of interesting secondary patterns in that one. I'm guessing it's one of those that looks hard to make but there's a fairly simple block in there somewhere? I'm going to stare at it until I figure it out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely, Teresa! I hope you stay safe from the weather in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have popped over from Slow Sunday Stitching. I clicked your thumbnail pic first because the quilt pictured is one I desperately want to make someday! You used Thimbleberries fabrics! I came into my own as a quilter along with Lynette Jensen's fine products, so I have a healthy stash to go along with many, many of her books. I also have a couple of UFOs using featuring her fabrics or patterns or both, and sure hope I can get back to finishing them soon! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete