Thursday, August 31, 2017

Log Cabin

Log cabin quilts are one of my favorites. The same block can be turned to form so many different patterns. It is a lot like the half square triangle in its diversity. I was visiting Ivy the other day and we started talking about log cabin quilts as we were going through some of her one and a half inch strips needed for another project. It just jumped out at both of us that we needed to do a log cabin. I mean we had so many strips already cut. We agreed that we needed to finish some other things before we started one. The next Saturday was Somerville Stitch Group and neither of us had pressing hand work so we decided we could start sub cutting the individual logs. Does anyone else see where this is going.

Yep, couldn't leave it alone. That night I sewed these six blocks.

By Tuesday morning I had sent this photo to Ivy. I now have 40 blocks done. Cora has helped with some of the sub cutting. I have taken a break from them yesterday and today. Pretty much took a break from sewing yesterday and today I am working on backs and bindings for older tops. Photos to come later.This is planned as a Habitat quilt or for another charity.


Happy Stitching,

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Love your log cabin blocks! They are my favorite, along with nine patches. I have made three lap size log cabin quilts lately and given them away. Now I need to make one to keep! I have a big box of scrappy half square triangles that I am thinking I will use in place of the center square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty log cabin blocks! If you make 49 blocks you can set them 7 by 7.

    ReplyDelete