Thursday, August 3, 2017

Citrus Trails

As if I didn't have enough going on in the sewing room, last Saturday night I pulled out a bag of blocks that have been done for years just not put together. At least I was not starting another project. These blocks were made before we moved to Hartselle, and we have been here 7 years. They are the three different blocks from the Yellow Brick Road pattern. I had pieced them from yardage and fat quarters in bright yellow and orange, hence the name Citrus Trails or Citrus Path.

I started putting them together in rows on Saturday night and then on Tuesday morning I finished putting them together. I had a total of 96 blocks but decided to only use 90, setting the together 9 x 10. The block finished is  9 inches so that will make it 81 x 90 which is a good size for the Habitat quilts. We can use the other 6 blocks in pillow cases.

It is definitely bright and cheerful. We have a lot of donated fabric for the Habitat quilts and Ivy and I talked about cutting some of that up into another one of these quilts. It makes up fast and is easy to put together with not a lot of seams to match. I didn't worry about matching fabrics next to each other it just made a different shape. I think it turned out okay. I want to quilt it in yellow thread so I am looking for a back that will work with the yellow.

I didn't do a weekly goal list this week and I should have. It is Thursday already and it feels like I have not been on track all week. I have had several quilts come in for quilting so I see a lot of time in the quilt shack but I also need to work on one of my 12 for 12 list, shouldn't have saved the hard ones for the last.

Happy Stitching,

Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment