As you can see by the date on the this photo this one has been on my design wall since February of 2016. It is from the Sept. Oct. 2014 Love of Quilting magazine. It is on my 12 for 12 list this year and was not one I planned to work on this week, but I found a little sewing time last night and added a few more rows.
I added two rows to the top side and one to the bottom side. Each row is longer and is making a big difference in the size. I still have a long way to go. I have enough shoe fly blocks put together for a few more rows but then will have to work on individual blocks. I used Thangles to make the HST's and I think I have enough sewn together just not all cut and pressed and paper torn off.
I like using the Thangles especially on these smaller one inch finished HST's. I have added two more rows to the bottom half in the following picture. I like to work from both sides for a couple of reasons. One it helps distribute the different fabrics in a scrappy top to both sides and two it gives me the option to adjust the size.
It won't be many more rows until it won't fit on the design wall but for now I am glad to see a little progress.