Monday, August 21, 2017

Great Start

Sunday stitching was very very successful. I can't believe it but I got all those itty bitty shoe flu blocks put together. I even got the inner red border on and the top and bottom outer border sewn on the top, but at 9 pm I decided to wait until this morning to add the outer side borders.


The pattern called for 4 and 3/4 inch outer border but I had exactly enough fabric for 8 strips if I cut them 4.5, so that is what I cut. I wanted to allow for that 8th strip even though I thought I would only need 7, and that is all I needed. Needless to say not enough for binding. I may check with some of my friends that have a stash of civil war fabric to see if they might have a half yard to share. I may can get by with a little less. I cut my binding 2.25 and if I only need 7 strips that is 15.75 inches, but I have enough to cut a couple of strips since I didn't need that 8th border strip.


Here is a close up of the fabric if any of them are reading this today, maybe they will check their stash. I really like the shoe fly block may do it again only a little larger. This is one of my 12 for 12 projects and the one with the most left to do, so it feels really good to get this one pieced.

Linking today with ----
Making Monday
Main Crush Monday
Moving it Forward
Design Wall Monday

Happy Stitching,


Teresa


1 comment: