Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Finish Not

Well I don't really have a Friday finish it is more like a Friday start. Thinking about it just now I probably shouldn't have started this today, my Mother always said there was an old wives tell that said if you started something in Friday you would never finish it. A lot of my UFO's must have been started on a Friday. But start this I did, no, not another quilt project but a sewing organization project. I guess it is okay that I started it today because this kind of thing really never finishes it just keeps evolving. I have decided to make better use of my 3 drawer chest that I was using for strips. They have become a stringy tangled mess. I have started with the 2 inch drawer because I have used a good bit out of it leaving it a little less stuffed. In fact I was able to get all the longer strips in this one box.

I have a smaller box for 2 inch squares and it is pretty low after finishing all those 100 patch blocks. I still have some really short pieces that I will cut squares from left in a little pile, but the drawer is empty. I plan to use the drawers for excess yardage that just doesn't fit in my color boxes.

In between working on this clean up project and vacuuming the house I also worked on the 3 inch shoe fly blocks. I got all of them pieced last night and the final count is actually over the required amount rather than short. I have 17 extra so I think that will let me made it one row wider.

The rows are growing, I am up to number 11 going across and with the extra blocks I will now have 13 across and 15 down.
I sewed on row on backwards which had my setting triangles flying in the wrong direction. I don't guess any of you have ever done that.

Had to stay busy today to keep from worrying about my friend Ada, but got news just a little while ago that everything went fine and she should be okay.

Happy Stitching,

Teresa 



1 comment: