Monday, September 10, 2012

DWM another UFO

I finished my Carolina Chain so I pulled out another unfinished project. This is Fair and Square another Bonnie Hunter pattern. It's in the book Leaders and Enders, which may be my favorite. I was working on this and the page kept turning over to the next pattern. It was something Trail, don't remember but I called mine Temptation Trail since it tempted me away from this one. I finished Temptation Trail 3-30-11 and I am entering it in the quilt show this weekend. Now 18 plus months later I am getting back to Fair and Square. I was a lot further along than I remembered so that is a good thing.
I now have 22 of the 30 checkerboard blocks complete with the other 8 needing just a bit of work.

The alternate blocks are string pieced and I have about half of the 60 needed. I don't think I will get much sewing done this week. This morning we are working in the garden getting ready for fall planting. Tomorrow a friend is having surgery and then Thursday we set up for the show so that will take care of the rest of the week.  If you are close to the north Alabama area try to make the quilt show, it is held at Athens College on Hobbs Street. We would love to see you.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get back to this one, it is going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this one is going to be striking also. See you this weekend at the show!

    ReplyDelete