Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Beating the Heat

It is so hot and getting hotter every day. I am have to do my walking early in the morning.  This morning I left the house at 6:40 and just walked 30 minutes because I wanted to get to Barbara's early to quilt my brown bag project. We wanted to get the quilting done before it got too hot in the quilt machine room as well. We were through by 11:00 and then I made the dreaded Wal-Mart stop. I did go ahead and stop at the one in Athens, it was always my choice of all the Wal-Mart's in the area. They have completely redone the store since we left Tanner nearly two years ago so it is now like most all the rest. Had trouble finding things. The heat just saps all of us, so after lunch we all had a nap. I only got about 30 minutes in the chair but 3:30 we hit the pool. Except Lucy, she is not a water dog which is unusual for Labs. (just realized the date on the photo is wrong again, don't know how it gets changed). If you can't reach us by phone in the afternoons, this is where we are. I don't know if the stitchers are planning on swimming Friday or not but they should probably bring their suits because it is supposed to be 98 degrees or higher this weekend. I'll be using that air condition we are paying for during the heat of the day. Got to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment