Follow by Email

Monday, October 15, 2012

dwm Oct. 15 2012

 
I got all the red and light stars complete and put together, now it looks like this.


So glad I didn't just add those first 8 blocks to my orphan block drawer. Besides it being full already, this turned out really nice if I do say so myself. The original pattern called for a 2 inch red inner border and then it had a contrasting color, blue with red for the outer border. I thought that took away from the design so I just went with a 5 inch red border and stopped there. This is a nice large lap or couch quilt.

I wasn't sure what other UFO I wanted to revisit, I really wanted to start something new that I had seen recently. In the end I choose to tackle some Sister's Choice blocks that I have made from scraps of 4 years of teaching the Thimbleberrie BOM. The blocks are complete just need putting together.

 
This is a start on the layout.

 
Very simple blocks. I used the same red for the star points but scrapped the lights. I only have a few pieces with enough yardage for the borders so will wait until get it together before deciding. I have a little more of the red, maybe enough for an inner border but that might be to much red, not sure.

 
Lucy helped take pictures this morning. I think she thought she would get a treat for sitting so pretty. Too many treats is why I have to get off here and take her and myself for a walk. Have a good sew day.


3 comments:

  1. The red and white star blocks look terrific all together. Love the Sister's Choice ones too. Not sure it is possible to have too much red :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa, these blocks set in the red are just gorgeous!! My goodness, I just sat there and looked at it and gazed at it for a bit before scrolling down to comment. I think I'll go look at it some more!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both versions of these blocks...the red and white AND the scrappy. Makes me want to start one of these :)

    ReplyDelete