Saturday, October 13, 2012

I am kicking my self because I forgot to take my camera yesterday. The stitch group went to Guntersville, AL to a quilt show put on by the Lakeside Quilters. They had a very nice show with lots of quilts. We saw some beautiful hand quilted, and a lot was by one person. She must be a fast quilter and beautiful at applique as well. There were disappearing nine patches, lone stars, log cabins, lots of applique and so much more. I think I heard 170 quilts or entries, this could include ware ables. There was one section of knitted items. They are still there today if you can go it is worth the trip.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Teresa. Enjoyed yesterday so much. Thanks again for the thread and buttons. Thanks for making my birthday special. I'm sure we'll find something to quilt with that new thread. Looking forward to it. See u later for the wedding.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stitching group went to the show, too -- I'm sorry to have missed it!! Hopefully someone, somewhere, will have gotten pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete