Monday, October 29, 2012

Retreat!!!!


I didn't get a lot of sewing in this week because I was getting ready to go on a quilting retreat. I did get 9 more blocks for Holy Toledo but now I have pulled them all off the design wall and packed everything to hopefully complete this top while there. I also have cut strips, and strips and more strips for quilt as you go place mats. Hopefully I will do a better job of picture taking with these. The place mats I made as birthday gifts were such a hit I decided to make a couple of more sets as Christmas gifts. I would even like to make a set for myself. I may be a little ambitious thinking I will get Holy Toledo complete as well as 3 sets of 6 place mats, not to mention I am carrying stuff to make a purse. Cathy is going to help the ones that want to make a purse like her Purdue one. I took a picture of all my bags just now but it didn't download. If the camera keeps this up it may get replaced.

We are going to the Red Rooster Retreat in Crane Hill, AL. Check out their web site at Redroosterretreat.com , it is a beautiful facility that caterers to quilters and scrap bookers. I'm carrying camera and computer so hopefully I will be able to post through out the week. It is a much smaller group this time which is good because we can spread out but it is also bad because we will miss some of the regulars. I have gone on spring retreat several years but this will be my first fall retreat. Jennifer is a wonderful cook and usually prepares in season meals so the fall retreat will offer a different menu. I was so excited I woke up at 4:30 this morning and if our first day there is usual it will be a long time until bedtime tonight.  We are leaving here about 11 this morning can't wait!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in AL, I wish I could join you. I have never been on a quilting retreat but it sure sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do it twice a year in April and late Oct or early Nov. maybe you can join us sometime. it's about 40 min west of Cullman so not far from you. check out their web site if you haven't already

      Delete