Monday, October 1, 2012

more old projects

Last week I'm not sure what kind of mood I was really in but I just didn't want to deal with little pieces. Plus my sewing room was really getting the best of me with all the clutter so I put a few things away and pulled out an old project. This is Stars Aligned a strip club pattern. I had all the strips cut and most of the large blocks made just had to finish 3 and make the sashing stars. I got all these completed and set together, now I just need to add borders. I'll get a finished picture then.

On Saturday Ada came for a visit and brought fabric to do Judy's Happy Quilt. Ada is still recovering from shoulder surgery so I cut it out for her. She is now able to do a little sewing each day but not much cutting yet. Ada also brought me some Thangles she got on the way home from Kentucky so now I can get back to Holy Toledo.

While Ada was here Donna came over and I showed them a couple of old projects that I was trying to make a decision on, should I finish or toss. One was an old fused applique project that I started before I really knew what I was doing and it had 3 or 4 layers fused together. This made things very stiff, so we decided this was a toss. Another was a project where you sewed circles together sort of orange peel, I was doing it in 30's reproduction. We decided to make a table runner and place mats from those I had completed. This will make this a doable project.

 
These blocks were part of another project. The pattern is Picnic by the Falls, it is in the book 9 patch Reunion by Atkinson Designs. I knew I didn't have many blocks finished and had thought I would just put them in the orphan box. Donna and Ada convinced me to finish enough for at least a baby or lap quilt. I think I will do the lap so I need 15 more light and 9 dark. This book was published in 2003 and I'm pretty sure I got it when it first came out, so I'm sure my skill level has improved since then so maybe the blocks will go a lot faster.

Tossing one and finishing one this week will empty 2 boxes, yeah!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. It is nice to move old projects along! Your stars look really great, in both projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reallly is a strange mood for you to not want to deal with little pieces, as that is your specialty! Thanks for posting all the pix from the quilt show. I really enjoyed them as I was unable to attend the show. I would love to have seen all the quilts made by people I know. Hope Johnny is recovering nicely. Love seeing all your current projects. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Teresa. I especially like your Picnic By the Falls -- the reds are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete