Monday, February 27, 2017

36th Anniversary

Today Johnny and I have been married 36 years. I am not sure where all the time has gone but we have had a very event filled and happy life together. We have a lot in common but we both have other interests that give us our space. I think that is what makes it work. He shared a cartoon the other day that said marriage was hollering "what" from one room to the next and that is definitely us these days.

Today is also design wall Monday and I have something new on the wall. I know I said I wasn't going to start anything new just for the sake of starting something. Anything new had to have a purpose, like the Winnie the Pooh baby quilt, but I fell off the wagon. Thursday night I was looking through some magazines making sure I really needed to hang on to them when I came across one I had been saving. June 2015 American Patchwork had a pattern that I liked called 30 Something. Of course I started cutting that night. My mother always said if you start something on Friday you will never finish it so since this was a Thursday night I was good to go. Judging all my UFO's I must have started a bunch of stuff on Fridays.

I have two more rows to go and the pieced borders. I reduced it one row each direction from the pattern to make it a baby quilt size rather than a throw. I have been doing a lot from my scrap drawers lately but I did a lot of cutting on this one. I did strip piece it rather than the individual pieces listed in the pattern. I plan to finish the top this week then it will move to my pile to be quilted.

Speaking of quilting, last night I made the comment that I get lonely out in the quilt shack when I'm quilting and Johnny says "do you want me to come out and sing to you?" This is the kind of thing that has kept us going 36 years. Oh and he can sing unlike me. He once said "I used to wish I could sing now I wish you could" I think at the time we were on a painting project and my trying to sing got me out of it. Many happy memories.

Until later, happy stitching.

Teresa

3 comments:

  1. Love the scrappiness of this quilt!!! Fantastic looking! https://quiltinggail.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I like your 30-Something project. I hope it helps you use up lots of stash and scraps.

    ReplyDelete